9 Reasons to Check Your Coverage
As our lives change, so do our insurance needs. Letting us know about changes can ensure that you have adequate insurance coverage through Urban Insurance. Here are some examples of when to check your coverage:
1. You’re remodeling or building an addition to your property. When you hire the contractor, request a certificate of insurance to confirm their liability and workers’ compensation coverages. Review the certificate and your homeowners policy with our agency. In some cases, remodeling projects can increase your home’s reconstruction cost.
2. Your teen starts driving. If a teenager in your home is learning how to drive, that means you’ll soon need to help them purchase insurance. We can guide you through the process, find the best way to add them to your policy and provide materials about safe driving behavior.
3. You got a new job. If you have accepted a position and the work commute is shorter or longer, call us. A significant change in annual mileage could warrant a change in your auto policy. (And that could save or cost you money.)
4. You bought a new ride. If you’ve purchased or leased a new or used vehicle, your insurance policy needs to be updated. Car dealers are required by law to confirm insurance coverage, but only you can make the necessary changes to your policy to make sure you’re fully protected.
5. You’re saving a buck with refinancing. When you’re taking advantage of lower interest rates by refinancing your home or vehicle, your policy should be updated to reflect any new mortgagee or lienholder.
6. Your family’s growing and changing. When you get married or welcome a new baby to the family, the new responsibilities may warrant a change in your home, auto and life insurance coverage.
7. You’ve bought a little luxury. When you purchase valuables such as a diamond ring or a rare piece of art, you should contact your agent. Your homeowners policy covers personal belongings and furnishings, but higher-valued items may have coverage limitations. An endorsement may be advisable for more costly or unusual items.
8. You’ve decided to work from home. If you’re starting a business out of your house, let us know. Depending on the equipment and the nature of your work, an endorsement or separate policy may be necessary to protect your investment and liability exposures.
9. It’s time to retire. Ready to kick back and relax? We can help you maximize the benefits of your retirement plan with a life insurance program.
No matter what you’re considering, contact our agency. We will assist you with life, auto or home insurance policy changes and insurance needs.